Answered By: Britt McGowan Last Updated: Mar 11, 2020 Views: 215
Interlibrary Loan provides free access to materials not owned by the UWF libraries, designated lost in our catalog, or not in a format you prefer.
- Before submitting a request for a book, please make sure the library does not own a copy of the item you need by searching the library catalog.
- If a book is held by UWF Libraries, but at a branch or location that is not your home library, you may click "Request It" in the catalog and select your preferred pick-up library.
The first time you use the Interlibrary Loan account (login below) you will be asked to register and identify contact information. Thereafter, your information will be stored and items will be automatically inserted if you use the FullText Finder link in OneSearch or other library databases. To place a request for a book, click "Book" under "New Request" once in your ILL account and fill out the required fields. You will be notified by email when your requests are available.
- Electronically delivered to your interlibrary loan account and may be downloaded for 30 days.
- Pick up books at the Reference Desk at the Main Library or at the Service Desk at the ECC Library (faculty may request campus delivery).
- Loan periods are designated by the lending library.
- Request renewals from your interlibrary loan account prior to the due date.
- We will mail books to your address if you designate your status as a distance learner (reside over 50 miles from the main or FWB campus) on the interlibrary loan, intercampus, or UBorrow form.
- Use the union catalog, MANGO, to identify Florida university libraries that own books you may be interested in borrowing through the statewide UBorrow service.
If you have questions about borrowing via Interlibrary Loan, contact: