Answered By: Hillary Fox Last Updated: Sep 15, 2015 Views: 151
Manual Set Up Instructions
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Android 1.5
- Android 2.2
- iPhone and iPod Touch connect automatically - no instructions required
- Ubuntu 12.10 *Unofficial Guide* (Not supported)
University Guests: A username and password are required to use ArgoAir. You can request a guest username and password from the ITS Help Desk. Guest instructions.
Buildings with ArgoAir
- John C. Pace Library - Building 32
- Residence Halls
- Argo Hall - Common/Study Area
- Heritage Hall - Building 921
- Pace Hall - Common/Study Area
- Presidents Hall - Building 922
- Southside - Buildings 14, 15, 16, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, and 35
- Village East - All buildings
- Village West - All buildings
- University Commons - Building 22
- Additional Pensacola Buildings - 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20E, 20W, 21, 36, 37, 38, 40, 41, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 58, 58A, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 76, 76A, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 82B, 83, 85, 86, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 95, 99, 960, and Tennis Courts
- Fort Walton Beach - 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8
- Remote Campuses - Beacon and Bowden Buildings (Historic District), SBDC, and L & N Terminal (FPAN)
Services Available with ArgoAir
- Web (HTTP, HTTPS)
- FTP (Internet Explorer users must use Active FTP*)
- Email (POP, IMAP, SMTP)
- Streaming Media (MMS, RTSP)
- On-Campus Telnet
- Instant Messaging (AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ)
- Remote Desktop (RDP)
Please note that individual (H: and I:) and departmental ArgoNet drives can only be accessed via FTP.
* Internet Explorer defaults to Passive FTP, which does not work with ArgoAir. Follow these steps to turn on Active FTP: From the Tools menu, select Internet Options. Select the Advanced tab, then uncheck "Use Passive FTP." Click OK, Apply, then restart Internet Explorer.
You can print to WEPA kiosks on the Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach campuses from your laptop. Follow the instructions on the UWF WEPA website.
How to Clear Your Wireless Credentials
Important information for those who share a wireless device!
When you connect to ArgoAir, the 802.1x client stores your name with the ID of the computer (or other wireless device) that you are using. This means that if someone else uses the computer, ArgoAir will not recognize the new user and will continue to think that you are logged into the wireless network. Clearing your wireless credentials disassociates your name from the computer ID.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Manage Wireless Networks
- Double click on argoair, then select the Security tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Cache user information for subsequent connections to this network.
For automated set-up of your computer, follow the instructions on the top of this page.